Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Friends in Vancouver

The trip to Canada was meant to catch up with old friends just as much as sight seeing.

The Lo's moved to Vancouver more than twenty five years ago in 1992 when their third child, the only son was barely two years old. Now, that "boy" is a married man!

Taken on 17 August 2017 after the Lo 
family took us for a dinner before 
we left Vancouver for the Rockies.
Right to left: Elaine and Cheryl.
Taken on 11 November 1983 during 
Sam's 1st birthday attended also by the 
Los' and daughter Cheryl (behind Elaine) 
and Elaine (in blue dress)
The Chee couple, Frankie and Teresa (husband and wife) were once my classmates in Lok Yuk Secondary School in the 1960's. They moved to Vancouver earlier than the Lo's. The last time we met was in February 2014 when  they went back to KK to spend their Chinese New Year in Sabah (Read here). I had hoped that some of our classmates would take up the suggestion of a reunion in Vancouver, but that had not happened. I did promise the Chee's in the February 2017 gathering that I would visit them one day, which I did!

The Chee's took us to an extraordinary sumptuous Dim Sum. I could never forget this culinary experience because I had never seen such huge size of Siew Mai, Meat Ball etc in all their servings!

The Chee's took us to an extraordinary
sumptuous Dim Sum!
In front of the Chee's residence.
I could not recall when I last saw the Voo's. I believe it was in the early 1980's just before they moved to Canada. That's almost half a century ago! But surprisingly, they have not changed much.

Daniel Voo at 2nd from right and wife
Carol at right.
Colorized photo.
With Carol at 2nd left taken during the 
Basel Church Central Youth Convention in 
Sandakan probably in 1970

No comments: