Monday, June 10, 2024

A Brief Down Memory Lane in Malacca

In our walk along Jonker Street, my wife was excited to see a familiar place - the Geographer Cafe. It was in this cafe where the Class 70 students of CHIJ Batu Pahat gathered for a drink in their Class Reunion in February 2015.

***************************************************
Another down memory lane walk was along the riverbank of Malacca River where many bars and pubs are located. Cruise boats which we took during the previous CHIJ BP Class 70 Reunion still ply the Malacca River!
***********************************************
Bee Chu, my wife's former classmate in CHIJ BP took us for breakfast before we proceeded to driving back to BP on 29.05.2024. Bee Chu had just returned two days earlier from UK after spending two months holidaying with her family in UK and some European countries.
She was indeed a very generous person. She presented gift items which she bought in her Europe trip to both my wife and my MIL.
***************************************************
A day before we started our driving tour on 22.05.2024, some of the ex-convent "girls" of CHIJ based in BP had a small gathering in a cafe in BP. This was organized because of the visits of two members - Eva from USA and my wife. Bee Chu who is staying in Malacca was not one of the participants.
I posed for a group photo just before their makan. This time I did not join in their makan session because I needed to take my MIL to visit her relatives in one of the housing estates in BP.
*****************************************
Since getting to know some of them since their first grand class 70 reunion in March 2015, I have been invited to join in their gatherings that coincided with our visits to BP or Singapore. 
Invited in Singapore to have lunch at the
Westin Singapore at Level 32, Asia Square Tower 2
in June 2016.
CNY Jan 2017.
Notice the difference - we wore glasses in 2016 and 2017
but no longer now! :)
In the CNY 2017, the group too had a mini reunion in BP. I was privileged to be invited to join in their gathering in one of the restaurants in BP.

As the only male in the gatherings, I did sometimes feel like a thorn among the roses! :)

No comments: