Saturday, June 08, 2024

Staying in Water Chalet in Port Dickson

I recall I last visited Port Dickson in early 1974 to attend a Retreat organized by VCF for undergraduates at the Golden Sand Baptist Retreat Centre after my first year in MU and just before the long holidays. That's exactly fifty years ago! Time flies.
*************************************************
For a change, in our Day 2 outing with my MIL, we booked to stay in the water chalet at the Lexis Hotel in Port Dickson. 

The chalet has two separate compartments, one for the bedroom and the other for shower room, a large open bathtub and a toilet. While the facilities are satisfactory, the interior is really rundown showing sign of poor housekeeping and a lack of regular and proper maintenance.  Unless it's refurbished, I don't think I will recommend this for intending holiday makers.
*************************************************
Still, it's a pleasant feeling to walk around the concrete footpaths linking all the chalets to the main hotel lobby onshore.

No comments: