Thursday, November 26, 2015

Atlantis Marine Theme Parks, Two Rocks 1988

When I discovered that “King Neptune” at Two Rocks was once an icon of Atlantis Theme Park, my brain which was in hibernation suddenly clicked and I suddenly remembered I did indeed have been at Two Rocks some 27 years ago.

In November 1988, my young family visited Perth for the very first time. For that trip, we also invited my father-in-law from West Malaysia to join us. Atlantis was then a happening place and both Australians and foreigners flocked to the place for fun and excitement. Barely two years later in 1990, the park was closed due to financial difficulty (Read here). That was yet another Alan Bond’s shattered dream!

Frankly, without the photos, I barely could remember what an enjoyable time we had had.

With Serene, Sam, Paul, Eva and Yvonne
atlantic2
Prisoner Sam being kept watch by little brother Paul
atlantic3
Paul's turn to be "locked up"
atlantic8
Live dolphin show was such a hit those days.
atlantic4atlantic6

1 comment:

Serenely said...

Oh my goodness! So that was the place we visited in Perth. I forgot all about it too until you shared these photos. Good thing we have your brain that still retains these memories in the archive.