Sunday, October 12, 2014

Southeast England

After returning our rented car in Cambridge, our subsequent movement depended solely on public transport. We took the train back from Cambridge to London. This time, we stayed in a hotel in Brentwood which is just outside the London city limit.

In Brentwood, Kenny, an ex-colleague of Alicia proved to be more than a friend. He offered to drive us around using his car. Through his kindness, we managed to visit a few more places - Canterbury, Dover and Sandwich.

1984 vs 2014

Canterbury Cathedral in Kent has not changed much since I visited it 30 years ago in 1984. In fact, I had only vague memory of my previous visit there. Fortunately, I have my old photo to help me recollect my last visit to this place.


*****************************************

Sandwich in Dover District is reckoned to be one of the best preserved medieval town in England. Some of the streets have strange names. We found this very short street with an extraordinary name of "No Name Street". The street is a mere 24 m long.

Then in between two streets, we found this alleyway called "Holy Ghost Alley".

No comments: