Saturday, November 02, 2013

Tour of Pahang - Sg Lembing, a Half Way Station to Ancestral Home

Someone counted that there are 21 things to do in Sg. Lembing. I am not exactly sure what these 21 items are. I believe I have covered almost all except the Rainbow Waterfall and probably another hanging bridge.
 

Sg. Lembing Museum which is located on top of a small hill used to be the residence of a manager of a mining company. It gives the visitors a brief history of the town but mainly about mining. On display are various paraphernalia used in the underground mining. It also educates visitors on the subject of geology.


A few kilometers away from Sg. Lembing is the Sungai Kanau pinic area by the river bank. Many people come here to collect pebbles as souvenirs from millions of pebbles spread over the river bank. It is also a popular spot for picnic and swimming in shallow water. Cars could drive literally right to the river.
 
 
We left Sg. Lembing after having our breakfast at the town food court. While I was eating the authentic san sui tau fu (bean curd) and noodles made with Sg. Lembing san sui (water from pristine stream) and listening to the background chattering noise in the familiar Hakka dialect, I for once thought that I was back to the ancestral home of my grandfather.

1 comment:

Serenely said...

Seeking and tracing back your roots. A good journey.