Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Class of 69 Reunion

An ex-classmate of the Class of 69 of Lok Yuk Secondary School who now resides in Hong Kong told us earlier that she would be back to KK on 5 Nov. I offered to have the reunion at my house.
 
Part 1 was dinner followed by Part 2 - a powerpoint presentation entitled "Down Memory Lane".

Class of 69
3 among the Bridge Class of 1964 finally made it to the Class 69. Two of these three attended the reunion that night.

Nine of the original Class of 69 attended the gathering.

The wives joined in for the photo session.

Browsing my old autograph.
 

Part 2 of the programme that night evoked much laughter and nostalgia. Everyone had a great laugh to see how each of us has changed over 44 years since 1969.
 
Of course, we were reminded that some of our ex-classmates had already passed away and some are now in poor health. As we are all advancing in age, we are aware that time is less and less on our side. Though most would like to meet again, we know that this may prove more and more challenging to some of us.

 
I also took the opportunity to introduce my family. When they saw my grandchildren, I heard the spontaneous exclamation, "His grandson just looks like Lee Teck Kiong when he was young!". But, seriously, I could not see the resemblance!

No comments: