Friday, March 11, 2005

Life After 55

Yesterday, I went to Tawau to attend the monthly site meeting of a Federal-funded low cost housing project. The flight was at 6.10am. So I had to be at the airport as early as 5.05am. I had to get up at around 4.30am! Very early indeed! Well, this is still preferred rather than going one day earlier and to spend the night in the hotel. Not my preference unless I have no choice.

At the airport, I saw a fairly big group of senior citizen golfers. They were on the way to Tawau to join the Senior Citizen Golf Competition. Among them, I saw Datuk Fung, Stephen Liew, Chan HS (Ex-consultant), Tan Sun Chai (Kim's father) and Yap Shau Nam. This Yap fellow used to be our badminton kaki during the 80's. Then, he moved to worship in BCCM Petagas and stopped joining the badminton game. In the last 5 years, he switches to playing golf. He now has a golf handicap of 22. Not bad. He has a steel fabrication workshop and his single client is Wong Kok Group. He does all the iron works for the housing undertaken by Wong Kok Group of companies.

One thing he said to me that is of significance. "If you are not a Christian and not involved in some kind of social activities interacting with people, life would be indeed meaningless".

Indeed, if you live a life solely concerned about your ownself and hardly for others, you would probably be remembered as someone who has existed but has not truly lived.

No comments: