Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Mini Family Reunion in BP

Taking advantage of our trip to Aenon Heath Care Centre, my wife took the opportunity going to Batu Pahat and to spend two days with her mom.

My SIL was kind enough to pick us up from Sinai Airport in JB immediately after we landed at around 2.45pm on 1 September 2023. She earlier drove from BP with my MIL as her companion for the 120Km long journey to the Airport.

In BP, we never failed to visit Sri Gading to see my wife's old home. This is where she spent her childhood till the university days or more precisely till she got married. For more than half a century, it appearance remains practically the same just as the very first time I visited in 1973.

I have lost count of the number of times my family had spent holidays in this house.  The swing which conspicuously still occupies the front porch corner has been a favourite spot where the children gathered and spent significant time chit-chatting, laughing...... Gone were those days! (Read here).

**************************************
At night after dinner, we spent some time exploring some of the interesting night spots in BP. At the Dataran Penggaram, my MIL were accompanied side by side by her two daughters, a very rare opportunity for her!
*************************************
***********************************
In BP which is well known for the very many delicacies and goodies, it's impossible not be indulged in some of them during our breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Unfortunately, I did not capture the many dishes we had tasted but a few of them only.
Tiny shellfish served in Samurai 280 and lontong at another outlet. 
Ice kacang at Happy Lucky Ice, a Dessert Shop in BP town.

No comments: