Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Letting Go

My work horse, a land cruiser which has been with the family for over 20 years was finally gone on 18 August 2016, the same day my wife celebrated her birthday. It had been a faithful coach ferrying the children to and from schools in the late 90's and early 2000's. It had traversed across various parts of Sabah during the family outings. It had even gone as far as Brunei when we took a drive to see the newly opened Jurudong Theme Park. But the most unique description came from my grandson. He didn't see it as being painted purple. He called it "Gung gung's big red car."! He will miss it when he visits KK the next time.

But time is catching up and keeping it in serviceable condition is likely to become more costly. Rather than keeping it idly, it was time to let go. It was put on sale in Mudah.com.

After meeting with numerous potential buyers, one chap was genuinely interested with an acceptable offer. A handshake formalized the deal. The new owner, Ramli Mohamad however was worried that I would change my mind when I was away for two days in West Malaysia. He called me the minute I arrived home from the airport on 16 August and was keen to have all the paper work done.


In the morning of 18 August, Ramli was a happy man. His immediate plan - a drive to Kota Marudu with his wife! I am happy it is in good hand.

2 comments:

Serenely said...

The end of another era. Farewell purple ninja. Lots of great memories driving around in that car. I will always remember the happy sight of that big purple car waiting for me after school.

Serenely said...

The end of another era. Farewell purple ninja. Lots of great memories driving around in that car. I will always remember the happy sight of that big purple car waiting for me after school.