Saturday, July 12, 2008

University of Newcastle, Australia

How should I describe University of Newcastle campus. Like what Paul said, it's one of a kind in the world! I won't dispute that after being in and out of it.

I would describe it as a university set in a botanical garden because there is so many trees and thick foliage. Even from a bird eye view, there is so much green.There are a lot of pebble-finished footpaths, lot of narrow but rather long bridges and lots of external staircases. At least, that's my impression!


But, I am especially impressed by the Barahineban hostel design. It is well ventilated, a lot of green and good roof-top facilities for residents' get-together and hostel functions. It is also solar-powered with panels installed on the roof. I wish the 5th College which I stayed in MU way back in the 70's was like that.


Any unusual building? well, probably the red building is one of them. I heard this is part of the Architecture Faculty.


Of course, beer is plentiful in the campus! At least now I have a better feel of the routine of Paul in the campus. Well, if there is not enough tennis, walking around the campus would compensate for that.

1 comment:

Serenely said...

mum you look good in your coat and red scarf!