Monday, November 26, 2007

"Stay-in Patient"

On 22 Nov 2007, I was admitted to the hospital (SMC) for a procedure. Frankly, that was the first time in my life as a "stay-in patient". I had actually stayed and slept in hospital before, they were however for accompanying family members rather than for myself.

Lately, I have been experiencing "muffled" or minor but persistent abdominal pain. The doctor recommended that I go through this scanning of both the stomach and intestine to find out the cause. I gladly agreed because I also took it as a good time for a medical check-up of this part of my body.

Based on the images, the doctor was of the opinion that I was having some kind of infection in the system. Biopsy was taken to verify his suspicion.

1 comment:

Serenely said...

The smile is a good sign :) that everything seems to be well. Please update soon!