Monday, December 26, 2005

Passing of a Friend - Yogeswaran

When I was scanning my digital photo album, I came across this old university photo which was taken way back in 1973. It reminded me of the passing of a uni friend, a senior and a Christian brother in the 5th College Christian Fellowship.

On 7 Dec 2005, I received an sms from another ex uni-mate from Sarawak (the chap sitting at my left in the photo), it reads "Sad news, Yoges passed away last night". He died of a blood disorder. He was scheduled to undergo some kind of bone marrow transplant in February 2006, but God chose to take him earlier.

Being an Indian, his uniqueness was that he had a pair of very neat white teeth over a dark skin background and curly long hair. He was a joker and a caring person. In the photo, I could still remember him sitting on the floor leaning on my feet. There was also a joke about him - When you have a power failure at night, just take him along and he would light up the area with his teeth!

Though he lived a fairly short life, about 56 I think, he did have a great impact on people he came into contact with.

After his funeral on 9 Dec, I received this sms, "The funeral just ended. Beautiful time of celebrating Yoges' life and his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. About 200 people attended".

Yoges, you did make a difference!

No comments: