Monday, December 26, 2005

Chiropractic

Before 8 Dec 2005, I have never heard of the term "Chiropractic". No apology for the ignorance for I am not in the medical line.

This term was introduced to me by my niece, Ah Min when I was in KL recently. She told me to look for a chiropractic to fix my spinal pain problem. In fact, she made numerous calls to try to fix an appointment with a chiropractic for me. Somehow, it didn't work out.

By the time I was back to KK, we discovered in the local newspaper ad of the service of an orthopedic cum chiropractic. At last, we finally found a chiropractic in Sabah!

My first encounter with a chiro was his special bed that I was asked to lie on. A lot of pressings over my neck and back areas. But his twisting of my neck was most scary. I could hear the clicking sound of my neck bones when he twisted my neck. Somehow, the twisting of the neck seemed to do some tricks. Whether psychological or not, the pain in my back and hand did subside after this encounter with the chiro.

Still, the chiro told me that a more permanent solution to this spinal problem is to do an operation at the affected spinal chord. To him, this is a fairly simple "procedure". From his own mouth, he has been successful in all the procedures he has done so far. I am now considering this procedure if the spinal problem persists.

At the moment, spinal pain is subsiding. Praise the Lord.

Still, I must say to Ah Min: Thanks for bringing me into the world of chiropractic!"

1 comment:

SunnyPerth said...

any operation needed to be done, it has to be done by a good neurosurgeon. Chiroprac are not qualified doctors. The cervical area is full of nerves, blood vessels, any mistake and you are a "goner". Please be careful.