Wednesday, October 12, 2005

David & Goliath


This afternoon, my cousin from Kota Belud came to my office to deliver a giant ostrich egg to me. He had earlier known that I have an interest to acquire an ostrich egg. He took the trouble to go to the Kota Belud Ostrich Farm to get this egg for me. What a nice cousin!
Just look at the sheer size! I was told that an ostrich egg is equivalent to 30 chicken eggs! A case of Goliath v David.

Now, we are left with the dilemma of what to do with this giant egg. Imagine you crack one is like cracking 30 chicken eggs. Probably, we will have an ostrich egg bonanza. A cake made with ostrich egg; scrambled ostrich egg; omelette ostrich egg: custard ostrich egg..... and the list is still being added on.

In fact, I was thinking of waiting for Paul to come back and join us to feast this ostrich egg bonaza. My cousin however said that the egg may not be able to wait that long. Too bad Paul!

The other thing I have to worry now is how to get the content out and yet keep the giant shell intact. My cousin told me to chisel a little hole at one end. That might not be easy for a first timer. Well, we will keep you informed after the feast.

1 comment:

Serenely said...

that's a big egg!!! i wonder if it tastes like a regular chicken egg or if it tastes somewhat more exotic?

[maybe you can try making our (MH and mine) favourite current dish... bacon omelette. its something i whipped up when i can't think of anything else to complete our meal... just chop up some bacon and fry it with egg... yum!]

enjoy your egg bonanza!