Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Toy

Managed finally to get the correct automotive GPS road maps. If the one bought earlier for the Perth trip in Nov/Dec 2008 was the right model, traveling would have been a breeze ! Unfortunately I was ill-advised ! Well, managed to have it sold to a surveyor. That's a model meant for land surveyors.

Well, all is not lost. The new toy will be tested this Saturday in West Malaysia. So far, I have already found it to be a useful tool to have if one is a keen automotive traveller.

An abstract of the conversation I had with the salesman at Karamunsing Garmin Gogomotive where it was bought. After closing the deal and money changed hand.

Me: Unfortunately, couldn't use the model I bought in my recent trip to Perth.
Salesman: Ya, that's not meant for traveling purpose.
....................
Salesman: I used to study in Perth, Curtin.
Me: Oh, why did you come back and not stay behind?
Salesman: The place is too slow for me. KK has a faster pace of life.
....................
Me: Is this your shop?
Salesman: No, belongs to my cousin's father-in-law. .........Oh. This is my name card.
I Looked at the name card and the name looked familiar.
Me: What is your father's name?
Salesman: JY
Me: JY...JY.... Is FY your uncle ?
Salesman: Ya.
Me: Mine, mine, what a small world ! I know your father, he is my cousin (mother's side). If I had known this earlier, would have obtained a better price from you.
Salesman: Hehe, next time!
 

No comments: