Friday, November 17, 2006

Experience at the 2nd Car Auction

Last Saturday 11 Nov, with the support from my wife, I attended another car auction. This time, I was still eyeing for another Nissan Frontier. My first priority was a one-year old unit. The bidding was a fight between 3 bidders. Reserve price was set at RM54,000.00. I had to give up after my final call at RM57,000.00. I did not think spending more than that amount was worthwhile. It was then up to RM57,500.00 offered by a couple. But this other man who was determined to get it upped another RM500.00 to RM58,000.00. No more call after that.

Because of that unsuccessful bid, I had to ask the auctioneer to go back to another unsold 2005 registered unit. Surprisingly, this was quoted at a much lower reserve price of RM44,000.00 compared to the last unit we acquired. I wonder whether there is any hidden unrevealed defects! This time around, no more bid was received after the reserve price. I got it at the reserve price. I will be going to the store yard to collect it tomorrow. I hope that it is in working condition!

No comments: