Monday, February 20, 2006

The Airlines Have Gone Nut

Sam left for Melbourne this afternoon after a fairly dramatic change of flight plan. He was supposed to have left on a 3.30pm direct flight to KL. Then in the morning, I received a call from the travel agent informing me that the 3.30pm flight has been delayed and rescheduled to 7.00pm in the evening. As recommended by the travel agent, his fight was then changed to 1.40pm via Brunei.

We left home and sent him to the airport reaching there at 12.45pm. Just when I was about to park the car, I received a call in the hand phone from my wife telling me that Sam has left his passport and air ticket at home. Without a thought, I sped and rushed home as fast as I could to pick up the items. Half way of the trip, my hp rang again and my wife told me that the flight has been delayed to 2.10pm. That gave me a bit of breather. Still, I was back to the airport in 35 minutes!

After sending him off and upon reaching home, we received a call from Sam telling us that the flight would be further delayed to 3.00pm. He gave us another piece of "shocking "news. He left his digital camera in the car. By then, it was too late. We just have to think of a way to get the camera to him, somehow.

We expected him to reach KL by 7.00pm the latest. Finally, he sms'ed and told us that the flight was also delayed in Brunei. He finally arrived KL at 8.00pm. He told us that the flight to Melbourne would fly as scheduled. We really hope so. At this moment, we just pray that he is comfortably seated in the plane and on his way to the country down south.

By the way, this flight delay and mess-up was not only experienced by Sam. Paul did experience the same thing. In his case, he was supposed to have arrived Sydney by 7.20am on 17 Feb. Somehow, we discovered later that he actually arrived at 9am caused by flight delay in Brunei.

Our airlines have gone nut !

No comments: