Friday, March 15, 2024

Joy

My wife and I were asked to share again in the Family Sunday on 10 March 2024. The last we were asked to speak was about eight months ago (Read here). This time, the topic is "Joy" based on Galatians 5:22-23.

Coincidentally, my son's family who came back from Singapore for a short holiday were able to join in this family Sunday. Having them plus our two granddaughters sitting at the second row of the pew as the listeners was indeed an added joy.

Sometime later after the Sunday Service, my six-year plus granddaughter, Livvie asked me, "Gung-gung, can you tell me more about the story of The Pursuit of Happiness?". Earlier on, we used the story of Chris Gadner acted by Will Smith and his son in the movie, "The Pursuit of Happiness" to illustrate the struggle some people have to go through in order to secure happiness.

My granddaughter further added, "When Po-po asked the congregation - Is there anyone among you who does not want happiness, please put up your hand!". She cheekily said, "I almost wanted to raise my hand!". She is indeed a very insightful young 6-year old!

My two granddaughters listening at the front pew.
*************************************
I don't intend to be too "wordy" about this blog. Afterall, picture is worth a thousand words. Suffice to highlight just some of the key lessons on this topic of Joy in pictures. Joy is  one of the virtues mentioned in Galatians 5:22-23.
By J.R. Glascock.
******************************************
To the grandparents, grandchildren are indeed their joy!

No comments: