Monday, July 17, 2006

Farewell to A Beloved Principal

 
Last Saturday afternoon, I had the honour of being invited to join the Farewell Lunch at Promenade Hotel organised by the School Board, teaching staff and supporting staff of SM St. Mary, Papar for their beloved Principal. Courtesy of my wife :)

I could sense that they really love this Principal. Their appreciation and love for her were reflected in the citations, video clip and many gifts presented. Many tried hard to put up a brave face but still I could see tears here and there.
The most moving moment was when the beloved Principal together with her husband (again courtesy of the wife) stood at the exit to bid farewell to each of them. I really had to try hard to control myself.

A day earlier, the whole school also had a farewell assembly for their beloved Principal. From the photo's, I could sense there were a lot of tears and poignant moments both from teachers and the students.

My conclusion: She did make a difference, a significant difference indeed to many lives in Papar! I am proud to be part of the making of this beloved Principal. Bravo!

Of course, life goes on. That will be another chapter in the making.

2 comments:

Serenely said...

can make a story for a movie from this... starring the legendary principal of course!

SunnyPerth said...

Another successful stories of the Lim female clans, except this one has the love and suport of the Lee family eg Mr wonderful A.Lee!
Well done, so proud of you!!