Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Person of Immense Faith

Thursday, 4 August, I attended the funeral service of a church friend whom I knew since the late 60’s during the youth days. She died of stomach cancer. At the time of her death, she had undergone two operations to have her stomach totally removed.

In the eulogy delivered by her sister, she was quoted to have said at her final moment of her life, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day”. She was also quoted to have said, “Whatever path the Lord wants me to take, I would take it faithfully”. She also planned her funeral before she died.

This is truly a person of immense faith.

No comments: